Saturday, August 18, 2007

When the Time is Right

Amazing how fast it can be when it happens. I felt so horrible this week. I had strained my neck overdoing it earlier this week. I wanted to get better so bad that I rushed things and ended up back in bed for two days. I then spent my time either in bed or on the couch. Then this morning I woke up and I felt different. Sure I still hurt, but I had energy! I felt alive! I took it slow though. I had after all, been an invalid for two weeks and just gone through surgery. I am pretty happy with this feeling, this feeling of being more myself. With my daughter's help I was able to make a simple dinner for the first time in two weeks! No one had to wait on me! I got my own water, still have to drink with a straw :( but I am doing it all myself! I sound almost normal when I talk, though I cannot raise my voice, so no yelling. I can sing, very softly or sotto voice, just not on a sustained basis. Ugh, does this mean I have to start cleaning my house?

No comments:

Post a Comment