Sunday, June 22, 2008

A Cause To Sing About

One of my favourite bands has ceased to exist, technically. I have adored The Actual ever since I heard them play at Warp Tour in San Diego 2005. They were old school and had a sound that I loved. I played the demo CD I got at the concert until they released their In Stitches CD. I loved all the songs and waited for more. But there wasn't anymore. They disbanded at the end of 2007 and the members have all moved on. I just found out though that there is a new group, Max and the Marginalized with the same sound as The Actual, since it seems to be the lead singer that started it. They have a political message and all their songs are free for download. What a cool concept! I am a political kind of gal so this type of music is right up my alley, can we say Midnight Oil? So here is a the widget to their site. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment