Tuesday, February 23, 2021

The Dollhouse Saga: Little Boxes Made of Ticky Tacky

Things always take long than you expect them to. I had hoped to get the wainscoting done last night, but was too tired and also needed more cereal boxes. Yes, you heard the right. Cereal boxes. I take them apart, cut off the flaps, then cut into strips. The backing is 3” wide and the detail strips are 3/4” wide.You just glue down the strips where it looks good to you. If you don’t want the joins to be seen, fill in with a bit of glue, smoothing down over the top. Paint, then cut to fit your windows and outlets. Not hard, just a little painstaking. I sometimes need to use a little tape to keep the narrow strips in place while cutting. Tape on the slick side so it doesn’t pull off paper. Yes, that is because I ripped some off lol. Trying to decide now if I like it how it is or if I want to put a small square in between all the strips. 









I might be able to get these painted tonight. Or not. 

Peldyn

No comments:

Post a Comment