Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Baking Fit

I must have lost my mind. I spent an entire day in a baking frenzy. I made blueberry muffins, cranberry muffins, french bread, cheese bread, multigrain bread and also cooked dinner from scratch. The whole house was toasty warm and smelled of spices and bread and we tucked into such a luscious dinner. I am surprised we did not burst. Especially since we ate every single muffin that I baked and half the loaf of multigrain bread and part of the loaf of french bread! Of course I did have my granddaughter there to help me bake and eat and I do have a 16 year old nephew who can eat his weight in food, but still! We should all be comatose! I have to admit though, that nothing is like making it all yourself. I get such satisfaction from baking and cooking from scratch. I really feel connected to the food in a way that you don't get when you just open cans and packages. I like knowing exactly what is going into our bodies. It will be even more fun when I get to plant my garden and the first tender lettuces and radishes come up. Oh yum! I am so looking forward to that. Spring, you can not come too soon for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment