Friday, February 20, 2009

A Smashingly Good Time Was Had....Well Not Really

This semi tongue in cheek posting is brought to you today by the letters M, B, S, and O! Yes, I had a "mammogram" this week and had my "breasts" "smashed" and it was "owie"! I found that thing we all seek for but never want to find. The dreaded "lump". So after a few days of calling back and forth I FINALLY. I am emphasizing that word, finally got my mammogram scheduled for this past Wednesday. Took them long enough! Didn't they know the state I was in? I alternated between thinking Oh everything is alright, to sobbing disconsolately. Made me lots of fun to be around.
This is my first mammogram. I have never had one and it seems that my primary care doctor has been totally lax and should have had me in 10 years ago for a baseline mammogram and then at age 40 I should have started yearly screening mammograms. Needless to say I am in the market for a new physician. This is NOT the first medical issue she has let me down one, but hopefully it will be the last.
Now I am waiting for my results and hoping that the lump is nothing to worry about. Can you tell I really need a good stiff drink right about now?

No comments:

Post a Comment