Thursday, April 22, 2021

Bookcase: The Dollhouse Saga

This small bookcase has given me more stress than anything else in this house. It is to fill in a space in a room that is very small and hard to work in. It had to be built in place because I wouldn’t have been able to maneuver it past the door. Also the front part of the room is narrower than the back. Very frustrating. 


I used jumbo popsicle sticks. Cutting them was a pain as they are made from some very tough wood. 



I did the back and sides and put it in place while the glue was only partially set so I could push the sides back a bit to get it in place. First I tried Elmer’s wood glue, but it kept falling apart. Next I switched to Aleene’s max tack adhesive and that worked much better.







Once that was set enough I added the shelves. 



The little books fit on it very nicely. I ordered some Harry Potter items off of Etsy and I am making some items too.







The small fireplace is going to go right underneath the potions shelf. That should be much easier to make as I don’t have to make it in situ. So much easier to put stuff together on my bench. I added the light so it won’t be so dark in there. The idea for this room is that this is how Harry would have remade the cupboard as an adult. Just a nice relaxing place instead of an awful, cramped, crappy bedroom. 
Peldyn

No comments:

Post a Comment