Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Don’t Be Square: The Dollhouse Saga

I decided to work on the little library under the stairs. I am still waiting on the new junction spices so I can’t start the music room without being able to do the wiring. 
Back to the library. I had a few samples of vinyl tile from Home Depot. They don’t carry them anymore but I really liked the idea of using them for the floor. I cut them into 1” squares. They aren’t perfect as I only have a guillotine cutter that is heavy enough to cut the tile. 


I could say that cutting tiles was enjoyable, a zen experience, but it wasn’t. It sucked eggs. What was fun was putting the tiles into a pattern.





I did not have enough of the dark tiles so the right edge was filled in with bits of the light tile. It will be covered by a narrow, thin fireplace so I am not worried.



I have a list of things I still need to do like the bookcase that will fill in the end of the room, the fireplace, the little cupboard shown here, quidditch posters, potions, wand, portraits of Dumbledore, Lily and James, and whatever else I think of later. I am thinking maybe a perch for Hedwig would be nice. What do you think I should add to the room?
Peldyn

No comments:

Post a Comment