Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Putting Up Walls: The Dollhouse Saga

The second floor bedrooms are divided rooms. The dollhouse is quite deep and there are walls dividing each big room into two. I was excited to find that double French doors fit perfectly in the doorway cut in the wall.





So I glued in the door frame and then glued on the trim
If this was a real B&B then the doors would not be see through. I decided to use faux stained glass decals. The flowers were a bit too pink so I used a marker to make them purple 











Once all the trim bits were dry I set the wall in place. I ended up having to use a rubber mallet to get it to fit flush with the crown moulding and baseboard in the far bedroom.



I haven’t added baseboards or crown moulding to the near bedroom yet. I am probably going to do that later. The far bedroom is done! 













Though I may add a few potted plants or maybe a little suitcase. It just feels so good to have completed something. If I don’t count the attic, the inside is about 75% done now!
Peldyn

No comments:

Post a Comment