Saturday, March 6, 2021

A Tiny Clipboard and a Light: The Dollhouse Saga

Working on the last few bits for the upstairs hallway. The desk clearly called for a clipboard. I used scrapbook paper cut at 1.25x .75” two pieces glued back to back. The edges colored with a wood stain market. The “clip” part is heavy duty foil doubled and glued, then cut freehand to shape. An awl to punch the into hole and then glued in place. Another piece of scrapbook paper with tiny writing on it made it complete. I will be cutting more tiny letters out it the paper to stick in the desk’s cubbyholes.






Then I put one of the old lights up above the desk. I had to shorten the wire and paint it green to blend in with the wallpaper. So happy it works!



I checked the tracking and it looks like I may have all my wood trim by tomorrow! If so, I expect I will have the hallway done by next week. It really only needs the trim, a curtain at the window and the stair railing put up.
Peldyn

1 comment: