Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Tiny Pillows: The Dollhouse Saga

Since I am still waiting on my order from Manchester Woodworks, I figured I should make some tiny pillows. I have lots of bits and bobs of fabric that are perfect. I used fabric yo-yos, buttons, lace, a tiny cross-stitch I made a couple years ago and snips of fabric. I am really loving the yo-yo pillows. The Fox is unbearably cute. 

The yo-yos were made by my mom about 40 years ago. I have a huge bag of them. I simply stuffed with fluff and glued on a pearl button. 


The Fox was a bit more involved. I cut the embroidery down to size and then cut a piece of osnaberg fabric to fit. I hand stitched around three sides then cut down the seam allowance  and snipped the corner edges.






After turning and stuffing, I took tiny stitches to close the open end.


Lastly, l made a bed pillow out of lace. I cut two pieces of lace trim. Put them right sides together. Sewed along the two cut edges with tiny stitches. Turned right side out and stitched one edge that was scalloped, together. Stuffed and then did the same to the other side. 






The finished pillow looks so sweet on the bed. I still need to make sheets and a comforter for that bed. 




Soon.
Peldyn

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your post! I too, have bunch of yo-yos. didn't know what they were (they were in with a bunch of fabric that was given to me) and now, I know to put a tiny button in the center to make a pillow!

    ReplyDelete