Saturday, March 13, 2021

Firelight: The Dollhouse Saga

A few years back I bought a fireplace to use in the dollhouse. I was very new to it all and didn’t know that there were ones that lit up. Now I am getting close to finishing that room and I want... more. So using all my destructive energy I took apart the fireplace and drilled a hole in it. 




Yes, I tore apart another tea light for this. It has a flickering bulb. 









I taped it all together with electrical tape to a plug.

Now one important thing to note; a light meant for 3v just blows out when connected to 12v. So I can’t plug it into the main power supply. (Yes, I did blow out the first bulb doing just that.) After a bit of scrounging around I found this little cabinet. I had ordered a lot off of eBay full of parts and this was in it. I never thought I would use it.







Tom had these adaptors that fit over double or triple A batteries! Yay! 
Glowing fireplace success!



The little cabinet is now a sofa table. 



The next thing to do is to paint the electric cord brown so it is hidden better. So happy when things turn out so well!

Peldyn

No comments:

Post a Comment