Sunday, March 21, 2021

Bits of Branches: The Dollhouse Saga

Today I am working on the bedroom curtains. I dyed the fabric a while back so it really is time I sewed them up. I picked some branches from the mulberry tree to make the curtain rods. I am also making little branch tie backs



The branches need to dry out before I paint them. I used a book and a jar of paint to weight them down so they will be flatter.



So far the tie backs are looking perfect! I am painting it all with gold enamel. I even painted a branch to put over the bed.



The curtains are looking so pretty too



It took a few days for the larger branches to dry.  Finally ready to paint.



Trying out the curtains on a branch to see how it looks



Added some paper flowers to the branch that will be wall art



One curtain up! I put purple beads on head pins to make the curtain rod holder. Just poked a couple holes with an awl where I wanted them to be, then stuck them in with a bit of glue.


So all I have to do now is put the branch over the bed, put up the other curtain, and add the crown moulding. I can’t believe it is almost done! This bedroom was a lot of hard work.
Peldyn


No comments:

Post a Comment