Thursday, March 4, 2021

Curtain Call: The Dollhouse Saga

Curtains. They can really help make a room feel lived in and warm. The ones for sale are always so stiff looking. So I decided to make my own. Not like I don’t have lace or fabric, right?
The first one I made for the kitchen. It is valance style and made from white lace. 






I hung it inside the window frame. It really gives a sweet touch to the kitchen. 
Next is lace for the cafe windows. I made three. Once the window trim gets here, they will be hung over the top of the window trim.






So much work that needs to be done and it is all waiting on wood trim. Sigh.

Lastly, I dyed some fabric for the upstairs bedroom windows. These will be full length curtains. They turned out a bit too blue so they are soaking in a bowl with a little green food coloring. Hopefully that works!



I also made a little tuffet out of an orange juice lid. I covered it in osnaberg and added a bit of gold trim. 











This turned out so cute, I think I will make more of them.

Peldyn

No comments:

Post a Comment