Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Making Mini Candles: The Dollhouse Saga

I really wanted tiny candles to put on the candleholders I made in a previous post. Someone had mentioned using straws as the mold. I actually had two sizes of straws in the house so I was excited to start!


Cutting the straws to length was easy. You just had to be careful as the cut bit would fly off and then who knows where it went! Lol



I laid some tape out on my counter and set the cut bits of straw on it securely. I used a spoon to scrape some candle wax out of an old jar candle I had. I then used a lighter under the spoon to melt the wax. It was a bit messy tipping the wax from the spoon into the straws, so melt a bit more wax than you think you will need.



My taller straws fell over, but were still good! I snipped bits of black wire to use as wicks. Best to put them in while the wax is still soft so you don’t crack the candle.



The candles removed from the straws so easily! I just pushed on the wick a bit and they slid right out. I used the lighter to soften the ends before sticking on the candle holders.



I really love how they look on the mantle!



Hope you enjoy making some candles for your own mini.
Peldyn

No comments:

Post a Comment